Monday, January 17, 2011

Review - The Harry Potter Series, J.K. Rowling

Summary:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone:
Harry Potter has never played a sport while flying on a broomstick. He's never worn a cloak of invisibility, befriended a giant, or helped hatch a dragon. All Harry knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudley. Harry's room is a tiny closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday part in eleven years.
But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to a wonderful place he never dreamed existed. There he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic around every corner, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him... if Harry can survive the encounter.


This book; and all the others, are awesome. I can prove it. It's the New York Times Bestseller, and it got a lot of other rewards.
For these books you can't just go and see the movie. You have to read the books in order to understand everything. The movies are OK, but they take away so many parts. That's why the books are better. These books are recommended for ages eight and up (my decision). I read the first book when I was in third grade. And now I am getting really good vocabulary grades, spelling grades, and reading grades because of Harry Potter. When I was in third grade, my reading grades were low. But they have improved a lot since the day I got the book. Not only is it a good grade booster, abut lots of fun for you to read.

Rating:
I give the Harry Potter Series 10/10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment